Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Daily Photo(s) -Day 22


I did a different sort of hike/walk today along a multi-use trail that starts in Potsdam behind a Stewart's store and runs along the shore of the Racquette River to the Bayside Cemetery. I chose that trail both because I had never done it before and because It had been raining last night and this morning. Being a groomed multi-use trail I figured there was little chance of getting wet from overgrowth alongside the trail and I was right. It was still threatening rain so I took along a rain poncho, more to protect my camera than me, but it proved unnecessary.

The trail is an interesting mix of woods, shoreline and if you choose, (I did) a loop around the cemetery where there is an impressive sandstone entrance wall with an iron gate and a matching gatehouse. The Celtic cross above tops a section of the wall. The tall grass photo below is farther back on the trail as I returned to town. The sky in both evidence the threat of imminent rain that didn't happen. I had parked in the small park on Fall Island behind the hardware store and walked a bit under 4 miles in all.


No comments:

Post a Comment