Thursday, August 23, 2018

Daily Photo - Day 23


Back to my usual trail today but I went farther than usual before turning around. I photographed more mushrooms (surprise) but was determined to [post something that was not fungus for the daily photo. I shot three views of this but made an amateur mistake with all three. One of my maxims, when I was teaching photography back in the days of film, was "A picture is worth a thousand words but all thousand words should be about the same thing". In other words, don't include anything that isn't necessary. In shooting this I tried to include all of the plants (including the Joe Pie Weed) that are reflected in the water. That necessitated including a waterfall that was some distance beyond. Too much stuff. It didn't work so this is rather severely cropped. I also converted it to B&W and played with the tones to make the green grasses stand out more against the rock. Now I have to remember my own advice when shooting future photos so I don't have to work so hard for the result I intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment