Friday, February 01, 2008

What's the Difference?

In the latest debate Hillary Clinton emphasized her experience again while Barach Obama said that being right on day one was more important than being experienced and ready to take charge on day one.

According to the analysis that I've read there is roughly 5% difference in their positions on the issues so Obama's argument is that, for the sake of that 5%, we should sacrifice experience in handling the other 95% where they are in total agreement. Considering that who's right (in a political discussion I really should say 'who's correct') that other 5% of the time is a matter of opinion, I think Obama is making a pretty feeble argument for abandoning experience in favor of hope.