Saturday, August 18, 2018

Daily Photo - Day 18


Just one today. I shot more but they were not related and wouldn't have made a good group. I hiked along country roads today. It had rained hard last night and I didn't want to get wet again like I did on the Sugar Island hike. Hiking/walking along the road is harder than hiking in the woods though. In the woods, I feel like I am inside a field of natural energy that the forest shares with me to keep me going. Road hiking is draining.

The photo is a willow in the ditch on the opposite side of the road from me. Like me, it has its struggles but I liked its shape, even the broken limbs. I like trees in general but especially those that are surviving in spite of less than ideal situations. I liked the feathery quality of the leaves, the lines of the trunk and the broken limbs. I applied a pseudo-infrared effect to emphasize the tonal relationships. Beauty is not always the result of perfection in form. Sometimes it is in the spirit that shines through struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment