Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Stones of Stone Valley


Two or three times a week (occasionally more) in good weather I walk about 4½ miles on the nearby Stone Valley trail system https://adklaurentian.org/?page=stone_valley_trail.html. I usually carry my camera and photograph whatever catches my eye and brightens my day. Here are three from yesterday.


The two above are actually the same rock from different angles. On the top photo, I was taken by the crosshatched lines with the vertical lines being indented cracks and the horizontal ones being raised ridges. If you click on the images you will get a larger version that shows it better. I also liked the interplay of the fallen logs, the pine needles and the cones on the ground. I converted the photos to B&W and applied a slight tone to only the shadow areas in Lightroom (37 hue / 7 saturation) for a touch of warmth to the images.


Feel free to share by directing people to this page. Do not repost anything from this site elsewhere without my express permission, a matter of both copyright and common courtesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment