Saturday, July 14, 2018

Car Show


Every year during Potsdam's Summer Festival there is a car show in Ives Park. I like old cars and I go most years to see the show which is free. If you have followed my blog for a long time, you have seen my car photos before. I tend to photograph details rather than the whole car. There are two reasons for this. One is purely practical. Between the milling crowds and the fact that most of the cars are parked close together, it is difficult to do justice to a whole car photo. The T-Bird below is an exception. It was parked off by itself and I only had to wait briefly for people to move on and give me a clear shot.


The second reason is that I really enjoy finding beauty in just parts of the cars, details that stand on their own as compositions. The remaining images are all details of cars. At the end is a photo of a tub of hand dyed yarn from the neighboring craft fair.













Enjoy. I sell prints if you see something you want to hang on your wall. Send me an email specifying what size print you want and I'll reply with a price. That applies to all the photos on this blog, not just today's.

No comments:

Post a Comment