Saturday, March 24, 2007

Random thoughts


We went to visit Diane's parents in Canada for a week. This is a collection of random stuff from that visit and our return.



  • The photo was taken at the Canadian Heritage Warplane Museum in Hamilton, Ont. I went as the guest of one of Diane's cousins who is a volunteer guide there. It was a fun afternoon. I shot 30+ photos and got to sit in the cockpit of a fighter jet. You can see them in my web gallery. I'll have to go back there again and spend more time.
  • Standing on the balcony of Charlie & June's 8th floor apartment after dark I noted all the lights and concluded that I like my nighttime bright lights in the sky overhead rather than around me on the ground.
  • The news of the pet food poisoning hit while we were there. After we got back I checked the list of brands that were affected to see if the food we give our dogs was on it. It wasn't but there are 53 brands of dog food that are ranging from supposedly low end brands like Walmart's Old Roy to allegedly high end brands like Eukanuba and Iams. It reminded me of my father's tale of the job he once held in a milk plant where they processed evaporated milk. My mother was fussing over which brand was better and he told her they were all the same. In the plant where he worked they made umpteen brands by simply putting different labels on the cans at the end of the production line. Prior to applying the label, there was no difference what-so-ever in the product.
The weather has finally started to act like spring and I'm impatient. I want budding leaves, dry trails to hike and post snowmelt streams to paddle in my canoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment