Saturday, June 05, 2010

Visual Pushups

A day or two ago the Kelby Training site (NAPP) added a series of videos that followed Scott Kelby as he spent a day with Jay Maisel. Jay has an amazing eye for spotting good photos. Scott asked Jay for advice on how to improve his photography. Jay's response was that if you want big muscles you go to the gym and work out every day. If you want to make good photographs you need to have regular visual workouts, so go out shooting daily. It is good advice and it is one reason I bought the Canon G10. It is easy to carry around. Today Diane needed to spend some time at Clarkson. We incorporated it into a shopping trip and to occupy myself while she did what she had to do at work I took along my G10 and explored. I've spent a fair amount of time exploring the buildings there but I can always find something I've overlooked before and today it was some skylights in the science building. Above is the best of my visual workout for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment