Friday, March 26, 2010

New Camera

I bought a Canon 7D and it arrived today. After charging the battery I just had to go out and shoot some photos with it. Although my usual subject matter is the landscape or nature details, the local landscape is not very photogenic right now. We're between snow and the beginnings of green, in other words, brown. So I decided to go for something geometric that didn't depend on weather and went to the campus of Clarkson University where there is an interesting mix of architecture. As it turned out I did get a touch of green in some of the ivy on the science building. I ended up with 36 photos before I caved to the cold. It was only 20ºF here today with a 8-10 mph wind that made it feel much colder. There is a chance that it could go below zero in the North Country tonight.

"Man is a credulous animal and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief he will be satisfied with bad ones." Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment