Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow Squall Over Indian Pass


Back to this year's photos. On Oct. 1st I was at Mountain Pond when a snow squall passed over. By the time I got to the Plains of Abraham and the Loj Rd. it was passing over Indian Pass and I managed to capture it. By being patient I caught it at a point when the Pass was clearly outlined beneath the clouds that enveloped the higher peaks on either side (Street and Nye on the right, the McIntyre Range on the left).

I began my photographic odyssey as a photojournalist and a popular saying among photographers at the time was that the key to success was "f/8 and be there". Being there when the moment is right is also a requisite for landscape photographers but we generally prefer a smaller f/stop.

P.S. If you do use a photo from this blog on your desktop, that's okay but I'd appreciate a comment letting me know that you did. Some days I feel like I'm just talking to myself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment