Friday, August 03, 2007

Catching Up...

It has been a while since I posted anything. I spent several days at Stephanie's working on one of her bathrooms. Laid a tile floor and put up some bead board wainscot behind where the sink and toilet go. The plumber installed the fixtures. I have to go back to finish the wainscot on the rest of the walls, set some shelves into the wall and do a bit of electrical work.

On the 21st of July we went into NYC on a day trip that a local bus company in Endicott does. They drop you off around 34th St. at 10:30-11:00 AM and you do your own thing until 7 PM when they pick you up. We went to Chinatown, J&R (camera store) and then spent the rest of the time in Central Park. I have digitally modified the photo at right as you can surely guess. I simplified the whole image then added back only the detail I felt was necessary to the feeling of the scene. I shot mostly photos of architectural details. Those scenes that include people I treated as I did the one here since I wasn't after identifiable people but an impression of the scene. What doesn't appear here (aside from identifiable people) is the noise. Even Central Park was noisy. Within a 4-5 acre area near "The Lake" (the ADKs have ponds that are bigger) there were 2 guys singing with a loudspeaker system, a bagpiper, some guys doing something that attracted a very noisy cheering crowd (we didn't see what they were doing), a rock group and a drum circle. Stephanie's comment was that at least some of these people probably think of that as a day out in nature. More of the NYC photos can be seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/jim.bullard/NYC. As always be aware that the images are copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment