Sunday, January 16, 2011

Warm Fingers All Day

It was a chilly morning and only got up to about 15ยบ today. My first job was to clear the 3" of snow that fell yesterday & last night.  I put some Hot Hands (dry chemical packets that generate heat) into my gloves to keep my hands warm while running the snow blower. Two hours later I had cleared the driveway, walks and the walkway on the bridge over the river. I put out seed for the birds. They need all the help they can get this time of year. After lunch and some indoor chores I went to the State Forest to do some snowshoeing. The Hot Hands were still warm so I threw them into my mittens. As I was coming out the last stretch I met two women just starting with their dogs who were cavorting and generally enjoying the outing. The older woman was already having problems with her fingers getting cold so I pulled the Hot Hands out of my mits and put them in her mits. Then I came home to some homemade peanut butter fudge and hot tuna casserole with biscuits. Life is good.

The photo was taken with the Canon G10. It has been modified in a Topaz filter to protect the identities of the innocent and because I like the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment