Monday, January 22, 2024

Red Barn Frenzy

 



One of the photos I have in the LPCA B&W Show is a detail of a building in Saranac Lake. At the opening one of my painter friends expressed surprise. She wasn't aware that I photographed architecture. The natural landscape is my primary subject matter but I am fond of old buildings, especially barns and they are fairly frequent subjects in my work.

There is a barn in Hannawa Falls that was sold in 2023 and I wish that I had had the resources to buy it. It would make a fabulous studio and gallery. I don't know what the new owner has planned for it but I wanted to photograph it before any changes are made or (God forbid) it is torn down and replaced with a tract house like those built around it. This morning I went by it on the way to town and decided today was the day. 

I shot over 20 views and as I look at them in the computer I think I may have to go back for more. The ones here are in the order I shot them as I walked around the barn on the highway onto the street and back to my car. All were shot from the roadway (no trespassing involved). This is a barn that, aesthetically speaking, just keeps on giving. I hope you like them as much as I do. If you click on a photo you can see it bigger.














All photos here are copyrighted. Please respect my rights to my work. If you wish to share them, Share the link to this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment