Saturday, September 22, 2018

Converting to Toned B&W in Lightroom

Reflections in a Vernal Pool - Ampersand Mt.

I am playing with some photos from last year. This one is from a climb up Ampersand Mt. "Reflections in a Vernal Pond". I converted it to black & white and added sepia toning. I don't care for Lightroom's sepia preset. It is too heavy-handed for my taste. The hue is fine but I set the shadow tone saturation back by a third (from 15 down to 10) and turned the highlight saturation off entirely. Toning the highlights only serves to kill them and reduce overall contrast. The whites should be white IMO.

The Cleft on Ampersand Mt. 

Ampersand Mt. Summit

As always prints are available. Email me for details. I can print up to 12x18 inches myself and have larger prints made if need be. If you wish to share with others, please give them the URL for this page, do not repost without my permission. Doing so violates my copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment