Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Daily Photo - Day 28


I walked all the way to Colton on the Stone Valley trail again today and did a short additional walk to photograph this building. I had been meaning to photograph it for some time now. It appeals to my love of old buildings. "If I were a rick man..." I would like to restore old buildings like this one. I would have custom replacement windows made with arched tops to match the originals like those on the left section, make all three storefronts match the center one and run the second-floor balcony all the way across with support posts appropriate to the period of the building. Practical? No, but if you are rich you don't need to be practical and it would be satisfying to me.

It was a very hot and very muggy day for a 7+ mile hike to Colton and back. The air was so thick I felt almost as if I should be swimming. Well, that is a bit of an exaggeration but not a lot. The humidity was 86% with a matching temperature. I went on the West trail and returned on the East trail. Note to whoever is the "authorized chainsaw" trail maintainer: Your services are sorely needed on the East trail. There are at least a half-dozen sizable trees down across the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment