Sunday, August 26, 2018

Daily Photo - Day 26


I took a longer walk/hike than usual this morning, a total of over 8 miles. It ran well into the afternoon because it was raining for part of the morning. The Weather Channel showed a window of "not raining" between 11 am and 3 pm. They were pretty much dead on and I managed to avoid getting rained on. I decided to walk down our road to the river and then hike the service road on the other side that follows the penstock between the dam in Colton and the power station at the bottom of our hill.

The penstock is mostly steel pipe but where it has to turn or bend down because of drops in elevation the straight pipe is connected by concrete sections. The first photo is of a pattern on the surface of one of those concrete links. I often find interesting abstracts on old concrete.

The second photo is a section of the dam in Colton. All the angles, stairs and railings appealed to me.



I hiked back from Colton via the East trail along the river and of course, I was attracted to MUSHROOMS! What else? But I'm only putting one in this post. I photographed about a half dozen. 8.34 miles of road walking, hiking and photography, all in 3 hours and 25 minutes between rain showers. A good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment