Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Favorite Images


I'm borrowing an idea from William Neill and posting my personal favorites from the photos I made this year. At least they are/were my favorites when I made the choices. Since there is no particular rationale for the choices I might choose differently tomorrow. I'm posting them in chronological order because that is how they appear in my Lightroom gallery. The one above is from the East Stone Valley Trail which is just down the hill from my house. a tiny hemlock struggling through the winter.

The next four are all from a very frosty morning (-15°F) on the West side Stone Valley Trail.





Next is a stitched panorama of ice covered Barnum Pond along Rt 30 in the northern Adirondacks with Jenkins Mt in the background.


Just down the hill on a foggy spring morning, this lone birch in among a pine plantation stood out.


Spring is an on again off again affair here and during another cold snap, I spotted this ice pattern.


The lone patch of ice clinging to a fallen log was at the Paul Smiths VIC (Paul Smiths College).


This pair is from Greenwood Creek, a day use state park area near Pitcairn, NY.



And this one was made from my driveway looking back at our woods with the moon and clouds.


This group is selected from a three day "Shootout" I participated in at the Paul Smiths VIC in September.







And last are two photos from my last lean-to adopter hike. The first is at Heart Lake on the Adirondack Mountain Club property and the final one was at Scott Pond just upstream from "my" lean-to. Next year it will be someone else's lean-to to maintian because I retired after 25 years of adopting (11 at Feldspar Lean-to and 14 at Scott Clearing).


I have other photos from the year that I like and I may post more in between other posts.

As always, the photos are copyrighted. Please respect my copyright and do not copy or repost elsewhere. Give the URL to this page if you wish to share them so that your friend(s) can see them here. Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

  1. You took some wonderful ones during the "shoot-out". 'Not easy to get great stuff under the pressure of defined space and time. And hats off to you for those wonderful frigid temperature shots - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete