Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Bump in the Night & Hunches

We were anti-social for Halloween. We turned off the front lights and pulled the shades. Neither Diane nor I felt like running to the door for trick-or-treaters, dealing with Gus barking, etc. None of the trick-or-treaters bothered us but we got "tricked" by Mother Nature though.

Later during the night the wind blew and I woke up when I heard something 'bang' loudly outside. I figured it was probably a tree limb falling but we discovered this morning that a storm window I had left leaning against the house on the porch had blown over and broken. It wasn't a large loss since it was an old one that I had already ordered a replacement for but I didn't really need the mess of broken glass to clean up.

Actually it was an example of one of my hunches. Every so often I get a feeling, "a hunch" that I should do this or not do that. Every time I ignore a hunch I regret it. Just yesterday as I was passing the window on the porch in the midst of doing something else the thought popped into my head that I should move that window inside so the wind wouldn't blow it over. The wind wasn't blowing at the time and I was already busy with something else so I put off doing it, then forgot about it. I should have played my hunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment